The Smart Oven Air with Element IQ is for the cook who desires a countertop oven that can roast for large gatherings, air fry crispy French fries & family favorites and dehydrate a wide range of healthy foods. The super convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30 percent with great crispness. Capacity: 9 Slice Toaster, 13″ Pizza, 9″x 13″ baking pan, 12 cup muffin tray , 14 lb Turkey.
Super Convection Technology
The Smart Oven Air’s 2-speed convection fan (Super and Regular) offers greater cooking control. Super convection provides a greater volume of air to ensure fast and even heat distribution, perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting.
Precision Cooking and Element iQ
We’ve taken the benefits of Element iQ one step further by adding Breville sensing and PID temperature control technology. With Element iQ – 6 independent quartz heating elements move the power where it’s needed most, above and below the food for perfect results.
Air Fry and Dehydrate Presets
Why buy a stand alone air fryer or dehydrater when the Smart Oven Air can air fry french fries and other family favorites and dehydrate a range of foods. Dehydrate up to 4 trays of goodness.
The large, 1 cubic ft, interior makes room for toasting 9 slices of bread, roasting a 14-lb turkey, air fry favorites like French fries, slow cook with a 5-qt Dutch oven and comfortably fit most 9″ x 13″ pans and 12 cup muffin trays.
I have the Smart Oven Pro and just upgraded to the Smart Oven Air, and there are many improvements made to the Air over the pro.
– The light now comes on and the timer pauses when you open the door
– door can be left open an inch to four inches without slamming shut
– Rotate remind to remind you to turn your pans half way through the cooking cycle
– They’ve added a fan to cool the sensitive front display and control electronics to protect it from heat related failures
– Convection fan has been redesigned for for even air flow around your food
– 2 year warranty, while the Pro is warrantied for 1 year
– 1 cubic foot of interior volume compared to .8 for the Pro
– Fits standard quarter baking sheets and larger casserole dishes up to 16 inches wide while the Pro only fits pans no wider than 14 inches
– 8 rack height positions instead of 3
– Signal beep volume is now adjustable and can now be silenced if needed
– Includes two racks instead of 1
– They’ve added a dehydration feature
– They’ve added a proofing feature for rising dough
– They’ve added a super convection fan setting that boosts the fan speed for better crisping
– This oven has one extra upper element making 6 elements total while the Pro has 5 elements, two lower and 3 upper
– This oven has a mirrored ceiling and crumb tray providing improved heat deflection
– The’ve added a customizable Phase Cook feature so you can run two cooking modes back to back
– This oven has a silicone seal all around the door to help seal in the heat and moisture while the Pro has no seal
– This oven toasts 9 slices of bread while the Pro does 6 slices
– This oven has an Air Fry feature and includes an air frying basket while the Pro does not
– This oven is louder than the Pro when the fans are running
So not only is this oven physically larger than the Pro, it also has many new features and can replace several appliances in the Kitchen
The sizes are all over the place. Go to Breville.com for accurate sizes. I think it’s Model #BOV900BSS.
21 1/4″ x 17 1/4″ x 12 1/4″ high. Hope this helps. The Amazon measurements are of the shipping box, I think.
I verified with my oven thermometer that it does in fact reach 480F unlike some competitors that can be up to 25 degrees shy of the set temp. It took 25 minutes for the Smart Oven Air to reach 480F.
Yes it does have non-stick walls. To clean use a soft, damp sponge with a non abrasive liquid cleaner. Pour on the sponge. Voltage is 110. Watts are 1800. They recommend operating the oven on a dedicated circuit separated from other appliances.
Just a tip I bought an oven liner that u put in the bottom of a regular electric oven. Cut it done to the size that fits the tray that pulls out from the bottom of the breville. The tray that pulls out is not non-stick. Clean up is a breeze.
This is my 2nd breville oven. I bought the 900 model because it is bigger and fits a 9×13 pans. Gave my son my smaller oven.
I love this oven a lot. The light is great, air fry does frozen French fries to perfection. Easter I cooked a 10 lb ham. In my house it’s called “moms easy bake oven”. Just to separate between it and the regular oven.